Friday, May 25, 2012

Raymond Carver

I chose the story "Little Things" by Raymond Carver. This story made me extremely sad. I can not believe that they would fight over a little baby that way. It reminds me of how divorced parents sometimes    put their child in the middle (Which is not right). To me, I think that was what Carver was trying to point out in a way, because I have friends who their parents put them in the middle of either their fights or have them say one thing to the other parent for that parent and I see what it does to them. I think that the title was definitely chosen to have some sort of meaning with the Short Story. I thought the "Little Things" is a really good title to have once I was done reading the story. I really noticed ( & loved) the way that Carver used imagery especially in the first paragraph it really sets the mood to showing you that this story is not a brightful happy one. Also, throughout the story I like his use of imagery while reading the story you truly feel that you are there watching all the events take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment